The David Foster Foundation is promoting and starting a conversation about Giving Tuesday, a worldwide movement that encourages – and reminds – us to think about giving back during the holiday shopping frenzy. From Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday the Tuesday that follows provides us with the time to reflect on how we can make a positive difference in the world. The David Foster Foundation is celebrating this movement across Canada on Tuesday, November 28, 2017, and encouraging people to celebrate giving. Giving comes in all shapes and sizes. This year, we are focusing on giving the gift of life through organ donation.
Did you know that less than 25% of Canadians are registered organ donors? It is our goal to spark a very important conversation about organ donation with our supporters on Giving Tuesday. We want to encourage you to continue the conversation by sharing your registration status on your favourite social media platform and use the hashtags #DFFOne2Three and #GivingTuesdayCA. Don’t forget to tag three of your friends inspiring them to do the same. We are hoping for a ‘digital tree’ that will unite the country and reach thousands of Canadians coast-to-coast to make a difference by registering their intentions to become an organ donor one day.
How can you participate in Giving Tuesday, November 28? (step by step)
- Ask yourself, “Am I an organ donor?” If yes, continue on to step #2. If not, no need to worry, click HERE to find out how you can register in your province, register your intention to be an organ donor with a pat on the back and move on to step #2.
- Sign in with your favourite social media platform.
- Write a post (or use the suggested content below) stating that you are an organ donor and encourage three of your friends or favourite organizations to do the same. Campaign graphics can be found here.
- Use the hashtags #DFFOne2Three and #GivingTuesdayCA
- Finally, make sure to smile because you are part of a very important conversation and are making a difference.
David Foster Foundation Participating Accounts
Facebook (@David Foster Foundation)
Want to learn more ways you can give back to the David Foster Foundation?