Sponsor a family
- The David Foster Foundation has assisted over 1,000 children in need of life-saving organ transplants by assisting with their non-medical expenses.
- The families receive financial support through the David Foster Foundation so they can be with their child during the entire life-saving organ transplant process that, more often than not, is at a hospital that is a significant distance from their home; often in another city, province and, in some cases, thousands of miles away.
- While they are with their child and having to endure the associated cost of living away from home, they concurrently have to arrange for care for their other children and all the associated costs of running the current family home including their mortgage, rent, car payments, groceries, and utilities, among other monthly bills.
- Often a parent, and on occasion, both parents need to take time off work and in some cases need to quit work entirely.
- There is a social worker on each hospital transplant team that works with the families to ascertain financial need. These social workers also liaise with the David Foster Foundation to ensure a seamless and transparent process when determining the financial need
- Before the David Foster Foundation was established, as a result of the enormous emotional and financial stress, approximately 85% of the families ended up divorced and/or bankrupt.
- All the funds received through the Sponsor a Family program is directed to a specific and restricted fund account. As a result, 100% of the money donated to this program directly funds the family. There are no Foundation administration costs incurred.
- Each donation supports the specific needs of the family and is distributed on a weekly basis.
- For Further information please contact our:
Victoria office: 250-475-1223 or toll-free: 1-877-777-7675
Toronto office: 416-865-4646